Saturday, November 19, 2011

Karen's weekly update

  This week I had a revelation!
  I have a therapist who's helping me through some big changes in my life. She gave me a mantra that really rang true for me;  I create my own reality and the point of power is now.  I've been saying it to myself everyday.  It just dawned on me one day that I'm creating my own reality with every bite I eat or don't eat, with every good choice or bad choice. The point of power IS NOW!!!

  Pulling into Taco Bell? That's the point of power to create my own reality.  Drive by?  I'm creating my reality. I'm full after only half the sandwich? How can I create the reality I want? Feed the other half to my dog!

  I know first hand how motivation comes and goes but this is big for me. I control my reality. It's not that I'm broke or stressed or people piss me off. Those things test my self discipline but I always have the final choice.

  If I can live in the moment, I can stay in control of my body, what it does, what goes into it!  If I decide to eat a cupcake I can love that cupcake, enjoy it, taste it. When I pick up the second one I can decide if eating another one will create the reality I want or am I subconsciously creating my big fat reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment