Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kate's weekly update

I guess overall its been a successful week, even though I've eaten less fresh fruits and veggies and more soy.

I ordered a new scale on Amazon as well as a pedometer. I got inspired to do so from Bob Greene's book. I can't do typical exercise most of the time because I've got my 3 kids. For safety reasons I won't go places with all 3 alone. I'd be in big trouble if one decided to wander or if god forbid someone were to approach me (there was a man exposing himself on the closest trail recently). So, I decided a pedometer would really work well for me. I can see how many steps I'm taking now and increase daily. My house is absolutely tiny, but I CAN move more. I do things like put clean laundry in the front room and then walk to the appropriate room to put each thing away. It seems small, but I've got to increase my activity any way I can.

Water. I'm doing ok with water. Or, I thought so anyway. I have been drinking at least 4 - 16.9 oz. water bottles a day. I looked up how much I'm actually supposed to be drinking and at my weight I should be getting 125 oz. a day. Looks like I need to just about double my intake. Going from a total diet soda drinker, to a non-soda and only water drinker in less than 2 weeks..and now doubling the amount I'm drinking? I can do it, but I'm not going act happy about it! What's been working best for me is just downing a bottle whenever I think of it. 1 in the morning, 1 with each meal. I don't love water, so just getting it out of the way works for me. I'll just have to add 4 more bottles daily. Eegh.

My weight, I think, has gone down pretty considerably, but I'm not going to do an official weigh-in until I can get back on the same scale I initially weighed in on. Or, until my new scale comes in the mail.

I'm getting nervous about Thanksgiving because I know there will be stuff I want. I want to be able to control myself, but also not be a crazy dieter on that day. That day isn't really worth ruining what I've accomplished so far.

The kids and I all have colds so its making things more challenging. I'm going easy on myself but also reminding myself this isn't a reason to eat. I cleaned my house this morning. I'm counting sweeping/vaccuuming/picking things up as exercise.

My goals for the following week are to:
1.) Drink 125 oz. per day
2.) More veggies, less soy.
3.) As much exercise as possible.
4.) Control myself on Thanksgiving.

Until next week!
Kate

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about Thanksgiving too. Right now I feel like my best plan is to allow myself to have a mini portion of the things I really love. Sorry your sick :( Karen

    ReplyDelete